20 Jun Immigration Reform is Key to Women’s Equality
Women in communities across the country are affected by U.S. immigration policies that undermine their and their families’ well-being. Women can identify with one another’s struggles, no matter where we were born. Caring for our families and putting our children first is a universal value. All women, regardless of where they come from or what they look like, also want to be able to fully contribute their skills and talents to America. We are all better off when our communities are healthy and strong, we feel safe and our children can thrive.
Join 9to5 and We Belong Together in lifting women’s voices and ensuring that women don’t get left out of the immigration reform conversation.
9to5 and We Belong Together priorities for comprehensive immigration reform are:
- Include a broad and clear road map to citizenship that recognizes the contributions of women’s work and women workers;
- Keep all families together. Women are disproportionately affected by the huge backlog in the family immigration system;
- Recognize women’s work in future employment categories and protect women workers on the job;
- Ensure protections for survivors of violence and trafficking;
- Protect families and ensure due process;
- Promote immigrant integration that includes and empowers women.
We want you to join us by signing up as a supporter, just click here to get the endorsement form. You can join as an individual or organization and send it back to us via fax (303)628-3888 or you can mail it to our office 9to5 Colorado 655 Broadway #800 Denver, CO 80203