Human Resources Coordinator
About 9to5: For nearly five decades, 9to5 has been advancing economic justice for women, grounding our work through a racial and gender justice lens. As a grassroots, membership-based organization, our members are affected by the issues we work on every day: low-wage jobs, the erosion of a social safety net, the lack of paid sick time and paid family leave, unemployment, and workplace discrimination. Our programs include grassroots organizing, leadership development and training, nonpartisan civic engagement and policy change campaigns.
Position Summary: Work directly with and assist the Director of Human Resources with general administration tasks. This includes onboarding new hires, assisting in administering employee benefits, staff training and other human resource issues. The Coordinator will be required to assist with special projects. Ideal candidates should be highly organized, detail -oriented, have strong computer and clerical skills. This position will be primarily remote with some in-person meetings.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Work directly with and report to the Director of Human Resources regarding all HR endeavors
- Support Director of Human Resources in educating employees on company policies
- Help with new-hire procedures, including organizing employee orientation, creating new employee files and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons
- Coordinate Introductory period and annual employee performance reviews
- Bi-weekly timecard approval and payroll reminders to staff
- Formal acknowledgment of notices (bereavement, births, illness)
- Assist with maintaining updated job descriptions
- Assist with placement of job postings
- Track benefit plans, including health care, retirement, Workers Comp, etc.
- Preferred background working in social justice and grassroots organizations;
- A minimum of three years of administrative/project management experience
- At least two years of human resources experience; preferably with knowledge of multiple state HR requirements
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to work well with diverse staff across organizational departments
- Professional integrity, sense of responsibility and accountability
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications, Zoom, DocuSign and Asana software
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work collaboratively
Compensation: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week), offering a salary package of $52,000 – $56,500 with generous family health insurance, employer retirement contribution, life insurance and paid time off benefits including sick time, vacation time, personal time and 10 paid holidays annually.
This is an exempt bargaining unit position due to management of confidential information, but you are entitled to follow the policies of the union contract.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 work-related references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Human Resources Coordinator” in the subject line. No calls please.
Application deadline: The position will be filled as soon as practicable and when we find the right candidate.
We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
Job applicants and staff shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political aﬃliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.