Voter Engagement Canvasser
Position based in Wisconsin
About 9to5: For nearly five decades, 9to5 has been advancing economic justice for women, grounding our work through a racial and gender justice lens. As a grassroots, membership-based organization, our members are affected by the issues we work on every day: low-wage jobs, the erosion of a social safety net, the lack of paid sick time and paid family leave, unemployment, and workplace discrimination. Our programs include grassroots organizing, leadership development and training, nonpartisan civic engagement and policy change campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Canvass BIPOC communities through tabling events, door-to-door, phone banking, and text banking.
- Engage community members and voters around Voter Registration, Voter Education, Vote by Mail and Get Out To Vote.
- Increase BIPOC voter turnout through Get-Out-The-Vote tactics.
- Available to work flexible hours
- Comply with required reporting process to Team Leaders
● Bilingual – Conversational in both English and Spanish/Hmong
● Must be able to flex work hours at times, as needed, for special events
Details: The position will be filled as soon as practicable and when we find the right candidate. The position will be based in Wisconsin.
Compensation: This is a contracted position (10 hours/week) at $20.00 per hour.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Wisconsin Voter Engagement CanvasserI” in the subject line. No calls please.
We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
Job applicants and staff shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political aﬃliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.