Organizing Manager V
Position based in Atlanta, Georgia
About 9to5: For nearly five decades, 9to5 has been advancing economic justice for women, grounding our work through a racial and gender justice lens. As a grassroots, membership-based organization, our members are affected by the issues we work on every day: low-wage jobs, the erosion of a social safety net, the lack of paid sick time and paid family leave, unemployment, and workplace discrimination. Our programs include grassroots organizing, leadership development and training, nonpartisan civic engagement and policy change campaigns.
Position Summary: 9to5 Georgia seeks an experienced Organizer Manager based in Metro-Atlanta. The Organizing Manager will direct operational and programmatic aspects of the chapter’s work, supervising staff, overseeing fundraising efforts and coordinating the work of local campaigns and involvement of chapter members in national campaigns.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Program Development & Supervision:
- Oversee and develop programs related to organizing and campaign strategies.
- Direct and supervise organizing staff working on statewide programming initiatives.
- Support staff in reporting program outcomes and evaluating program effectiveness.
- Ensuring the involvement of grassroots leaders and other 9to5 member leaders in the direction of our policy agenda. Work on local/state organizing and program teams as directed.
- Work with organizers to plan for and evaluate chapter growth, recruitment and campaign strategies.
- Coordinate, supervise and evaluate Georgia staff.
- Direct and participate in planning, assessment, staff meetings and training. Work closely with the Training Manager to identify internal and external training opportunities for 9to5 Georgia staff.
- Research & Evaluation:
- Involvement in programmatic research and evaluation projects.
- Provide valuable insight and direction on campaign reports, research, and programmatic evaluation efforts to ensure that the work is disseminated to appropriate stakeholders.
- Communications & Data:
- Oversee all communications efforts and provide oversight for 9to5 Georgia’s presence with member-leaders. on all media channels, public relations, PSAs and press releases.
- Ensure data input from organizers, work with Comms/Data Coordinator on reporting. Report on campaign performance to State Director, 9to5 Leadership, and funders as requested
- Fundraising/Financial Management:
- Work with development/chapter staff to: raise chapter budget; research fundraising opportunities, write grants and reports, and bring in new sources of funding.
- Work closely with staff for funding and organize grassroots fundraising events. Support organizing in building leader fundraising teams.
With other related duties as assigned, including managing campaign budgets and staff time.
- At least 5-7 years organizing experience with a community, labor or women’s organization.
- Organization leadership experience, including strategic planning.
- At least 3-5 years policy experience. Georgia policy experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience with grassroots fundraising/events/donor solicitation/earned income projects.
- Demonstrated ability w/grant writing, grant management, program budgeting, and reporting
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and anti-oppression.
- Ability to motivate others, share vision and energy.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, manage and develop staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and collaborate in coalitions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with local and national teams.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, ability to organize and prioritize work, budget time and account for work results.
- Creative, flexible, with new ideas, open to new ways of doing things.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and online database programs.
- Experience with social media and on-line organizing methods.
Details: The position will be filled as soon as practicable and when we find the right candidate. The position will be based in 9to5’s Atlanta office.
Compensation: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week), offering a salary package of $71,460.00 with generous family health insurance, employer retirement contribution, life insurance and paid time off benefits including sick time, vacation time, personal time and 10 paid holidays annually.
This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 work-related references to email@example.com with “Organizing Manager V” in the subject line. No calls please.
Application deadline: The position will be filled as soon as practicable and when we find the right candidate.
We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
Job applicants and staff shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political aﬃliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.