Wisconsin State Director
9to5 seeks a Wisconsin State Director. 9to5 is a national grassroots membership organization, founded in 1973. We engage directly impacted workers to build power in order to improve working conditions. Current Wisconsin campaigns focus on year-round integrated voter and civic engagement, Paid Sick Days, Childcare, and housing justice. For more information about 9to5, see our website at www.9to5.org.
Position Location: Wisconsin
About the Position: 9to5 is seeking a full-time Wisconsin State Director to direct operational and programmatic work, supervise staff, oversee fundraising efforts and coordinate the work of local and state-wide campaigns and involvement of chapter members in 9to5 campaigns. This position is part of the leadership team at 9to5.
The Wisconsin State Director will report to the Chief of Staff.
The Wisconsin State Director will:
- Craft a policy agenda for each legislative cycle that focuses on Paid Leave, Sick Days, Child Care, and Housing.
- Develop and lead integrated voter engagement initiatives and GOTV campaigns that move us closer toward our vision.
- Provide excellent leadership and support to a team from across the state, including coaching, staff development, and management.
- Provide financial management through the development and implementation of an annual chapter fundraising plan; direct and supervise staff in fundraising activities; cultivate donor relationships.
- Work with development staff to: raise chapter budget; research fundraising opportunities, write grants and reports; leverage, negotiate with and bring in new sources of funding.
- Lead state-wide coalitions, relationship-building, and membership recruitment.
- Work with the communications team to develop local training materials and curricula, issue-oriented reports, public relations, and press releases.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of the following experience and skills:
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and anti-oppression work as central to organizing and political wins.
- Five years experience running political campaigns, lobbying, and analyzing policy to shift narrative power in our communities.
- Experience managing diverse teams and complex projects.
- A commitment to the dismantling of all systems of oppression through an economic justice lens.
- At least 5 years organizing experience with an analysis of racial and gender justice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated grant writing, budgeting and reporting skills and experience.
- Experience with grassroots fundraising/events/donor solicitation/earned income projects.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to tailor information to motivate members and partners to take action.
Salary and Benefits: This is a supervisory position and is not included in our bargaining unit. Salary is commensurate with experience and ranges between $70,000-$75,000 depending on experience. Excellent health and family benefits and paid time off package. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer.
Women of color, LGBTQ+ identified people, and women with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Send letter of interest, resume and contact information for three references to: Jobs@9to5.org. Please put WI State Director in the subject line.
Application deadline: Open until filled.