09 Sep Job Announcement: Temporary Chapter Organizer – Wisconsin
9to5, National Association of Working Women seeks an experienced Organizer for the Wisconsin chapter. This organizer will focus our statewide paid family and medical leave insurance campaign. As well as local campaigns, build membership and assist in leader development and civic engagement efforts. This is a short term, temporary position through the end of 2019.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Member Recruitment/Development:
a. Develop relationships with diverse community members and establishing active volunteer teams who can effectively advocate for the paid leave and other campaigns.
b. Recruit and engage volunteers, conduct trainings that identify and develop volunteer leaders and ensure consistent turn out and active participation of volunteers in campaign activities.
c. Use grassroots organizing methods such as: one-on-ones, house meetings and presentations and a well-developed ladder of engagement that moves volunteers into increasing leadership roles.
d. Engage in outreach including phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, street outreach and other outreach tactics.
e. Represent the organization during community events and coalition meetings. Contribute to chapter website and other social media.
2. Campaign Direction & Supervision: Develop, implement and evaluate 9to5 organizing campaigns. Oversee the development and design of campaign materials. Administer campaigns (maintain campaign files, contact and member databases, progress reports). Develop and conduct workshops as needed. May supervise paid canvassers.
3. Grassroots Fundraising: Coordinate or support grassroots fundraising events and donor relationships.
● At least three years organizing experience with a community, labor or women’s organization.
● Ability to cultivate strong relationships and generate respect and trust from individuals.
● Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion, and ability to work well with diverse populations.
● Good planning skills, time management, ability to prioritize work and account for results. Ability to work independently.
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Experience with issue-based policy campaigns.
● This position requires access to a vehicle and driving to meetings in Milwaukee, Racine, Madison and elsewhere in the state.
● Available to work evenings and weekends depending on campaign needs.
● Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and database programs.
Full-time annual FTE salary $40,200. Excellent health and family benefits. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, individuals who identify as lesbian, bisexual or transgender, women with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union. www.9to5.org
Send resume, letter of interest and list of references to email@example.com with WI Organizer II in the subject line. Application deadline is September 15, 2019. The interview/hiring process will begin in early September.