9to5 Colorado, a grassroots membership organization which works to strengthen womxn’s ability to achieve economic justice, is hiring a policy fellow to help create and develop materials, graphics, and trainings for 9to5’s membership base. This individual would help process new and existing policies to make them accessible, so that community members can assert their rights and teach others. They would also support our Eviction Defense Legal Program and with policy development. Individuals with a commitment to social and economic justice, equal opportunity, and women’s issues are encouraged to apply.
- Work with organizers and the state director to identify policy priorities to focus on
- Develop trainings on policies that provide a step-by-step framing for members to assert their rights
- Develop videos, infographics, one-pagers, powerpoint presentations, and other training materials to make Know Your Rights information as accessible as possible
- Support with analyzing bill drafts and crafting suggestions to ensure that policies always have a strong racial and gender equity lens
- Train staff, board, and members on policy areas
- Facilitate trainings for coalitions that 9to5 staff led or participate in
- Support intake process to identify priority cases
- Research case law and policy to help facilitate policy goals and direct provision of legal representation
- Support with setting up legal assistance, issue spotting, and follow up calls with attorney and community members
- Track intake and data for grant reporting purposes
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Passionate about social justice
- Strong anti-oppression lens framework
- Enthusiastic about social justice
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Available to work weekday evenings and weekends
- Available for 10-15 hours per week
- Ability to work with loose structure
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced environment that can shift day-to-day based on political and internal circumstances
- Proficiency in using Zoom, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive
- J.D. conferred or in progress or paralegal experience preferred
This is a temporary 10-15 hour per week position that will begin as soon as possible and lasts until January 1st, 2021. Contract can be extended if additional funding becomes available.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
9to5 is an affirmative action organization. Womxn of color, women who identify as LGBTQ, women with disabilities and women who are older are encouraged to apply.
Pay Rate: $21 an hour with accrued sick time, (1 hour for every 30 hours worked)
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply by September 16th, 2020.