Overview: 9to5 seeks a part-time Communications professional who will be responsible for the integrated communication and promotion of the brand and work of 9to5 in Colorado. Reporting to State Co-Directors, they will be responsible for implementing a content strategy for 9to5 in Colorado, and for producing high-quality communications products that amplify 9to5’s position as one of the largest, most respected women’s economic justice organizations in the country. They will coordinate with others to implement programs and communications materials which enhance awareness of various campaigns and events. They will be responsible for structuring and managing social media activities. The position will be based in our Denver, Colorado office.
Primary Responsibilities: Working directly with the co-state directors, the Communications Coordinator will help develop an overall communications strategy to help 9to5 fulfill its mission and grow its visibility. They will assist in the development of the Colorado office’s communications strategy, providing input and help to build organizational awareness and culture around communications. They will work closely with other 9to5 staff, including the national Communications Coordinator.
Specific Communications Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with the State Directors and Colorado team on communications initiatives that ensure all material is coming from an anti-oppression, race and gender justice lens
- Create engaging content for diverse channels which could include: email /newsletter, social media, blogs, speeches, correspondence, and presentations
- Manage 9to5’s Colorado’s social media channels, including the development of original content, curating content, engaging target audiences, and evaluating impact.
- Maintain and build out distribution lists for 9to5 communications products
- A minimum of 1-2 years of communications experience in the development of marketing and informational materials, public relations/media relations, writing and research, project management and /or information technology;
- Bilingual, Spanish/English written and verbal skills required
- Background in social justice and grassroots organizing is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or other related field is a plus
- Demonstrated creativity in the design of marketing, public relations or educational programs and communications materials;
- Excellent organizational and strategic planning skills;
- Ability to manage deadlines, work with staff, and achieve outcomes in a consensus-driven work culture;
- Knowledge of Publisher and other related software;
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-oppression and ability to work with diverse populations;
- Must be able to flex work hours at times, as needed, for special events;
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Details: The position will be filled as soon as practicable and when we find the right candidate, with a target goal of December 2, 2019.
This is a part-time position (20 hours/week), offering a salary package of $20,600 with generous health and paid time off benefits. The position will be based in Denver, Colorado. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, lesbian, bisexual and transgender women, women living with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
To apply: Send letter of interest, resume, a brief writing sample to: email@example.com. Put “Colorado Part-time Communications Coordinator II” in the subject line. No calls please.