9to5 Colorado seeks an experienced Organizer. This organizer will focus on recruiting and engaging members and leaders for our statewide and local campaigns. This is currently a temporary position (through 7/31/2020), with a possibility for extension, based on funding. Current Colorado campaigns focus on family and medical leave insurance, affordable housing and transit. For the first 6 months, the position will mostly focus on our paid family leave campaign.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Develop relationships with diverse community members and establish active volunteer teams to effectively advocate for the paid leave campaigns.
– Recruit and engage volunteers, conduct trainings that identify and develop volunteer leaders, and ensure consistent turn out and active participation of volunteers in campaign activities.
– Use grassroots organizing methods, including one-on-ones, house meetings and presentations and a well-developed ladder of engagement that moves volunteers into increasing leadership roles.
– Engage in outreach, including phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, street outreach and other outreach tactics.
– Represent the organization during community events and coalition meetings. Contribute to chapter website and other social media.
– Lead efforts to reinstate regular 9to5 membership meetings and other general membership events.
Campaign Direction & Supervision:
– Develop, implement and evaluate 9to5 organizing campaigns.
– Oversee the development and design of campaign materials.
– Maintain campaign files, contact and member databases, progress reports.
– Develop and conduct workshops as needed. May supervise paid canvassers.
– Coordinate or support grassroots fundraising events and donor relationships.
• At least three years organizing experience with a community, labor or women’s organization.
• Ability to cultivate strong relationships and generate respect and trust from individuals.
• Demonstrated commitment to equity and ability to work well with diverse populations.
• Good planning skills, time management, ability to work independently, ability to prioritize work and account for results.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience with issue-based policy campaigns.
• This position requires access to a vehicle and driving to meetings in Denver Metro area.
• Available to work evenings and weekends depending on campaign needs.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and efficient using database programs.
• Preferred fluent in Spanish and English.
Full-time annual FTE salary $42,000. Excellent health and family benefits. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, individuals who identify as lesbian, bisexual or transgender, women with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
To apply: Send resume, letter of interest, and list of references to email@example.com with CO Organizer II in the subject line. Application deadline is December 9, 2019. The interview/hiring process will begin after the deadline is reached