9to5 Georgia seeks an experienced Organizer. This position, based in Atlanta, will be responsible for general basebuilding and leadership development as well as policy campaigns. 9to5 is a grassroots membership organization, founded in 1973, which strengthens women’s ability to work for economic justice. 9to5 is a movement-building organization that works to build racial justice and solidarity across diverse communities impacted by injustice.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Campaign Direction & Supervision: Design, implement and evaluate major leadership development and organizing campaigns. Involve members in programs and strategies. Oversee the development and design of campaign materials. Administer campaigns (maintain campaign files, contact and member databases, progress reports). May lead multi-city work teams and participate in additional campaigns.
2. Fundraising/Financial Management: Develop chapter budget and fundraising plan with State Director. Help identify funding sources; assist with proposal development for funding; write funding proposals and reports; organize grassroots fundraising events. Build relationships with funders, direct donor outreach and cultivation.
3. Member Recruitment/Development: Identify and train leaders and activists in the Savannah area, for local programs and statewide chapter Board. Coordinate use of database technology for members, donors, fundraising; oversee technology planning for chapter including website, social media and other systems. Represent 9to5 in the community and media. Train leaders and staff for public speaking on issue campaigns.
4. Organization and Staff Development: Work with leaders and staff to evaluate organizational growth, recruitment and campaign strategies. Coordinate, supervise and evaluate staff and interns. Represent 9to5 as spokesperson in local as well as national issue campaigns and coalitions. May coordinate regional leadership or internship training programs. May be part of 9to5’s Speaker’s Bureau. Other duties as assigned.
• At least five years organizing experience with a community, labor or women’s organization.
• Must initiate own work plan and work reports. Excellent planning skills, time management, ability to prioritize work and account for results.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Grantwriting, budgeting and reporting experience.
• Organization leadership experience, including strategic planning and supervision experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and ability to work well with diverse populations.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and database programs.
Base salary $45,000. Excellent health and family benefits and paid time off package. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, individuals who identify as lesbian, bisexual or transgender, women with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
To apply: Send resume, letter of interest and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org with GA Organizer III in the subject line. Deadline to apply Dec 20, 2018.