Job Announcement: Fort Collins/Larimer County 9to5 Colorado Organizer II
9to5 Colorado seeks an experienced Organizer based in Fort Collins/Larimer County. This organizer will focus on recruiting and engaging members and leaders for local and statewide campaigns. This is a permanent project funded union position. Currently Colorado focuses on campaigns related to economic justice, including housing and rights for workers. Our programs include:
- Leadership Development
- Rapid Response Care Fund
9to5 is a movement-building organization that works to build racial justice and solidarity across diverse communities impacted by injustice. www.9to5.org.
*Note: Due to current circumstances related to COVID-19, this position will be strictly remote until at least December 31, 2020. At that time, our staff will reevaluate whether it will be safe to operate as usual.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Member Recruitment/Development:
- Develop relationships with diverse community members and establish active volunteer member teams to effectively advocate for 9to5 economic justice priority issues.
- Recruit and engage members, conduct trainings that identify and develop member leaders, and ensure consistent turn-out and active participation of members in campaign activities.
- Use grassroots organizing methods, including one-on-ones, house meetings and presentations and a well-developed ladder of engagement that moves members into increasing leadership roles.
- Engage in outreach, including phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, street outreach and other outreach tactics.
- Represent the organization during community events and coalition meetings. Contribute to chapter website and other social media.
- Support and facilitate regular 9to5 membership meetings, neighborhood meetings and other general membership events.
- Input data about events, new contacts, and member engagement on a regular basis in our system.
- Campaign Direction & Supervision: Develop, implement and evaluate 9to5 organizing campaigns. Oversee the development and design of campaign materials. Administer campaigns: maintain campaign files, contact and member databases, progress reports. Develop and conduct workshops as needed. May supervise paid canvassers.
- Grassroots Fundraising: Coordinate or support grassroots fundraising events and donor relationships.
- At least three years organizing experience with a community, labor, or women’s organization.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships and generate respect and trust from individuals.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Good planning skills, time management, ability to work independently, ability to prioritize work and account for results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience with issue-based policy campaigns.
- Access to a vehicle to drive to meetings on a regular basis.*
- Available to work evenings and weekends depending on campaign needs.
- Strong database management skills preferred.
- Ability to use and access zoom, google drive applications, and database programs.
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing in Spanish and English.
- Must have quality internet and phone access on a daily basis.
Full-time annual FTE base salary, $42,000 with a 4% increase for fluency in English and Spanish. Excellent health and family benefits. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, women who are LGBTQ+, women with disabilities and women who are older are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
Send resume, letter of interest, and list of references to email@example.com with CO Organizer II in the subject line. Applications accepted until the position is filled.