Job Announcement: Digital Paid Leave Ballot Canvasser Position
Based in Colorado, Remote Position
9to5 Colorado, a grassroots membership organization which works to strengthen women’s ability to achieve economic justice, is hiring digital canvassers to support the paid leave organizers in their organizing efforts with the Colorado Paid Leave Ballot initiative, #283. Canvassers will collect information and build relationships with community members to shape 9to5 Colorado’s campaigns around paid leave and develop community leaders to engage in 9to5’s work as a whole. Individuals with a commitment to social and economic justice, equal opportunity and women’s issues are encouraged to apply.
- Using the Voter Action Network (VAN) and 9to5 database to target people in key districts in the Denver Metro Area and beyond
- Inform members about the ballot campaign, our organizing framework, and other economic justice priorities of 9to5
- Increasing 9to5 membership and supporting organizers in developing new core leaders for core campaigns
- Collecting petition signatures and postcards in support of the ballot initiative
- Coordinating with communications staff to collect and share member stories related to economic justice priorities
- Working with 9to5 organizers to build relationships with community members by conducting one-on-ones
- Turning out and registering members to virtual events
- Inputting data from petitions, postcards, and VAN contacts into 9to5 membership database and other tracking systems
- Signing up new contacts as 9to5 members and connect to Outreach Circle application
- Identifying leaders who want to take action for organizers to follow up with
- Enthusiastic about social justice
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Available to work weekday evenings and some weekends
- Available for 25-30 hours per week
- Must have access to a phone, gmail, zoom, outreach circle, quality internet access throughout shift and for video conferencing(Google Voice numbers instead of personal numbers are welcome)
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
- Experience with the Voter Action Network (VAN) and database technology preferred
- Experience with civic engagement work preferred
This is a temporary 25-30 hour per week position that will begin the first week of September, 2020. Candidates must be willing to work evenings and some weekends. It will likely be mostly, if not all, digital but if circumstances change, the expectation would be to door-knock in person. Right now our policy is all remote work, we will inform you if this changes. This position will end mid to end of November. Final Date will be decided upon once hired.
$18 hourly wage, $19 for English Spanish bilingual candidates, accrued sick time, and monthly phone stipends.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Application deadline: September 4, 5:00 PM
Equal Opportunity Employer:
9to5 is an affirmative action organization. Women of color, women who are LGBTQ+, women with disabilities and women who are older are encouraged to apply.