Child Care Organizer II
9to5 Georgia seeks an experienced Organizer based in Savannah. This organizer will focus on recruiting and engaging members and leaders for local and statewide Child Care campaigns. The organizer will be responsible for organizing child care providers and parents around key issues related to the child care in our State, as well as mobilize voters as a part of 9to5’s broader objective of advocating for gender, racial and economic justice.
We’re looking for an emerging leader who is passionate about building progressive change through organizing community members, and developing leaders. This will include organizing child care providers to work with 9to5 and other key partners to create more equitable child care policies that allow for stable and accessible child care programs for Georgia families. Additionally, the Organizer will work to establish a strong base of parents to design and implement a campaign to strengthen parent’s voices in the availability and implementation of child care in Georgia.
The organizer will also recruit and manage fellows for the Savannah Community Justice Fellowship Program (CJFP).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Membership Recruitment/Development:
- Coordinate and conduct outreach programs designed to reach child care providers and parents
- Recruit and engage members, conduct trainings that identify and develop member leaders, and ensure consistent turn-out and active participation of members in campaign activities
- Support and facilitate regular 9to5 membership meetings, trainings, neighborhood meetings and other general membership events.
- Coordinate the Savannah Community Justice Fellowship program
- Coordinate voter activities and engagement
- Input data about event, new contacts, and member engagement on a regular basis in our system.
- Campaign Support/Development:
- Research policy issues related to child care at the municipal, county, state and federal levels of government.
- Provide administrative support, drafts, and presentations related to child care work.
- Help draft fact sheets and other communications tools and some digital assets related to child care.
- Grassroots Fundraising:
- Coordinate or support grassroots fundraising events and donor relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental justice, environmental health, and/or social, racial and economic justice.
- At least two years of organizing experience with a community, labor, faith, or women’s organization, preferred.
- Good planning skills, time management, ability to work independently, ability to prioritize work and account for results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience with issue-based policy campaigns.
- Access to a vehicle to drive to meetings on a regular basis.*
- Available to work evenings and weekends depending on campaign needs.
- Strong database management skills preferred.
- Ability to use and access zoom, google drive applications, and database programs.
- Must have quality internet and phone access on a daily basis.
- Comfort taking initiative and ability to think outside the box to find solutions and resources.
- Experience coordinating projects with multiple partners/stakeholders, and experience working directly with community members from diverse backgrounds and ethnicities.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, and various social media platforms.
Full-time annual FTE base salary of $45,000. Excellent health and family benefits. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, women who are LGBTQ+, women with disabilities and women who are older are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
Send resume, letter of interest, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Savannah Organizer II in the subject line. Application deadline is ongoing until position is filled.