9to5 Colorado seeks a bilingual (English/Spanish) Administrative Coordinator to provide clerical and administrative support and to assist with basic organizing and educational duties. This is a part time position starting at 20 hours a week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Office management: responsible for maintaining and running a friendly, well-organized office. Duties include answering phone calls and written inquiries, support with housing and labor helpline calls and tracking, ordering supplies and materials, handling correspondence and regular mailings, updating databases, preparing & paying invoices, coordinating IT support as needed, lead on setting up office and furniture, supporting with processing and sending checks and income to national. Provide office with advanced computer skills, including training other staff. May supervise volunteers, or interns.
2. Contact with members and the public: responding to membership and information inquiries through main chapter emails; maintaining extensive mailing lists and membership lists. Answer phone calls, with the purpose of handling as many as possible, including basic organizing questions and the Job Problem Hotline. Make calls to leaders and members for recruitment, turnout and information. Direct support to members and leaders, including the chapter’s governing Board. Represent 9to5 at community/labor functions as assigned by supervisor.
3. Events, Project & Research Support: booking rooms, logistics, preparing materials and handling registration for a variety of meetings, seminars and other events. Coordinate projects as assigned by supervisor, including the administrative aspects of projects or programs. Helps with data-entry and compilation/analysis of surveys and other research projects.
4. Organizational and Staff Development: participate in planning, assessment and other staff meetings and trainings. Assists with basic Organizer/Educator I duties as assigned, for example, distribution of literature. Assist state co-directors to identify new funding sources.
– At least 3 years experience as an office support staff in a fast-paced office.
– Mandatory bilingual English and Spanish
– Excellent organizational skills, including database management
– Strong anti-oppression and social justice framework
– Ability to work in an environment with transition
– Self-starter, able to work in an environment and loose structure
– Thorough knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, google drive, programs.
– Good knowledge of database programs: DB, Q&A, Lotus.
– Familiarity with desktop publishing programs.
– Demonstrated ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds.
– Good planning skills, ability to organize and prioritize work, budget time and account for work results.
– Ability to supervise and train others.
Half-time annual salary is $17,500. Excellent health and family benefits. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, individuals who identify as lesbian, bisexual or transgender, women with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
To apply: Send resume, letter of interest and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Administrative Coordinator II in the subject line. Application deadline is December 9, 2019. The interview/hiring process will begin after the deadline is reached.