National position based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Provide administrative, bookkeeping and executive assistance support to the operation of 9to5’s various offices and programs. Support HR staff and Executive Director through a variety of tasks related to multi-state organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately, professionally, and timely. Report to Finance & Administration Director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Office management and IT: Responsible for maintaining and running a friendly, well-organized office (Milwaukee, WI). Duties include answering phones, drafting correspondence, managing incoming and outgoing mail, database entry and administration, managing office equipment and repairs. Provide support for basic office IT functions (network, printers, computers).
Executive Assistant: Support 9to5 Executive Director remotely (based in Atlanta, GA) with email management, travel and scheduling.
Document management: Create and maintain an organized system for filing documents, including foundation grants, annual financial audit documents, confidential personnel documents, and credit card receipts.
Database, contributions and grants management: Assist in maintaining organizational data using CiviCRM database and QuickBooks software; tasks include reconciling contributions including monthly sustaining and credit card donations. Assist with grants management.
Support Human Resources functions: Train staff in time tracking (time sheets) and support staff compliance in time and attendance tracking via online tool.
Internal and External Communications: Respond to membership and information inquiries; maintain mailing and membership lists. Answer inquiries for information; connect callers to resources. Communicate via social media periodic event, campaign, and recruitment information to community leaders, members, and other contacts.
Events, Project & Research Support: Assist with event and meeting coordination, including booking venue, sponsorship management, materials preparation, registration, data entry, and post-event follow up. Periodic volunteer management (Milwaukee office).
- Bachelor of Arts degree preferred, can be Associated Degree or equivalent training in Human Resources, Accounting or another related field
- At least 4 years of experience in non-profit administrative services. Familiar with database technology, conference calling tools, and virtual meeting systems, with two years or more experience in event planning and office management systems
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to take direction and to work across multiple departments and teams
- Proficient in MS Office, web-based meetings software, and other communications systems
- Values social justice, with experience in social justice work
- This position requires consistent office hours every week
Details: Position is based in 9to5’s Milwaukee, WI office. Annual base salary $45,000 for 40 hours weekly. Excellent health and family benefits; generous time off package. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, individuals who identify as lesbian, bisexual or transgender, women with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply.
To apply: Send resume, letter of interest and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Administrative Assistant III in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, position open until filled. No phone calls please.