9to5, National Association of Working Women seeks an experienced Organizer for the Wisconsin chapter. This organizer will focus on recruiting and engaging members, leaders and organizational partners for local and statewide campaigns. Our major campaigns currently include Paid Family and Medical Leave, as well as leadership training and development programs for directly impacted women.
9to5 is a movement-building organization that works to build racial justice and solidarity across diverse communities impacted by injustice. For more information about 9to5, see our website at www.9to5.org.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Member Recruitment/Development and Database Management:
- Develop relationships with diverse community members and establish active volunteer teams who can effectively advocate for the paid leave campaigns.
- Develop and implement broad grassroots organizing strategy for 9to5 led campaigns.
- Engage in coalition outreach; develop and maintain relationships with organizational partners to increase their engagement in 9to5 campaigns.
- Work with campaign coalition members to develop overall campaign strategy.
- Conduct presentations and trainings on 9to5 campaigns for organizational partners and other relevant audiences.
- Develop annual plan with team for 9to5 membership meetings and other general membership events in coordination with staff.
- Coordinate with organizers to recruit and engage volunteers and members, conduct trainings that identify and develop member leaders and ensure consistent turn out and active participation of volunteers in campaign activities. This could include phone banking, canvassing, street outreach, and other forms of outreach
- Use grassroots organizing methods such as: one-on-ones, house meetings and presentations and a well-developed ladder of engagement that moves volunteers into increasing leadership roles.
- Track, manage and coordinate data for chapter member engagement using 9to5’s CRM (CiviCRM)
- Represent the organization during community events and coalition meetings.
- Contribute to chapter website and other social media.
- Campaign Direction & Supervision:
- Develop, implement and evaluate 9to5 organizing campaigns. Oversee the development and design of campaign materials. Administer campaigns: maintain campaign files, contact and member databases, progress reports. Develop and conduct workshops as needed.
- May supervise paid canvassers, interns or other staff members.
- Use database technology for member engagement, donor relations, and reporting.
- Represent 9to5 in local as well as national issue campaigns and coalitions. Spokesperson for 9to5 in public, media.
- Train leaders and may train staff for these roles.
- Train and develop staff in workshop facilitation.
- Develop training and curriculum.
- May coordinate internal leadership development programs for 9to5 members.
- Grassroots Fundraising:
- Coordinate or support grassroots fundraising events and donor relationships.
- Write funding proposals and reports with the assistance of development staff.
- Build relationships with funders, support donor outreach and cultivation.
- At least three years organizing experience with a community, labor or women’s organization.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships and generate respect and trust from individuals.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Good planning skills, time management, ability to work independently, ability to prioritize work and account for results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience with issue-based policy campaigns.
- Access to a vehicle and driving to meetings in and out of the Milwaukee Metro area.
- Available to work evenings and weekends depending on campaign needs.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and efficient using database programs.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
Full-time annual FTE salary $50,000. Excellent health and family benefits. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, individuals who identify as lesbian, bisexual or transgender, women with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
To apply: Send resume, letter of interest and 3 references to email@example.com with “WI Organizer IV” in the subject line. Open until filled.