17 Jun Job Announcement – 9to5 Colorado Paid Leave Canvasser Position
Paid Leave Canvasser Position
Based in the Denver Metro Area, Colorado
9to5 Colorado, a grassroots membership organization which works to strengthen women’s ability to achieve economic justice, is hiring a canvasser to support the paid leave organizer in their organizing efforts with the CO FAMLI Act. Canvassers will collect information and build relationships with community members to shape 9to5 Colorado’s campaigns around paid leave and develop community leaders to be a part of our campaigns. Individuals with a commitment to social and economic justice, equal opportunity and women’s issues are encouraged to apply.
- Door knocking and tabling in key districts in the Denver Metro Area and beyond
- Increasing 9to5 membership and developing new core leaders for paid leave campaigns
- Collecting petition signatures and postcards in support of a paid family and medical leave insurance program
- Coordinating with communications staff to collect and share paid leave stories
- Working with 9to5 organizers to build relationships with community members by conducting one-on-ones
- Turning out and prepping members to attend Town Hall events in key legislative districts
- Attend meetings and events to build relationships and network with diverse stakeholders
- Attend 9to5 Staff Meetings and Trainings
- Help organize and facilitate monthly community meetings
- Turn-out for monthly community meetings and trainings
- Input data from petitions and postcards into 9to5 membership database
- Enthusiastic about social justice
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Available to work weekday evenings and some weekends
- Available for 20-30 hours per week
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
This is a temporary 20-30 hour per week position that will begin in July of 2019 and lasts at least until end of summer 2019 depending on how many hours a week are worked. End date will be determined after hiring. Candidates must be willing to work evenings and some weekends.
$18 hourly wage, accrued sick time, and mileage stipends.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
9to5 is an affirmative action organization. Women of color, lesbians, bisexuals and trans women, women with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply.