Job Announcement: 9to5 Colorado Organizer
9to5 Colorado seeks an experienced Organizer based in Colorado. This organizer will focus on recruiting and engaging members and leaders for local and statewide campaigns. This is a permanent project funded union position. Currently Colorado focuses on campaigns related to economic justice, including housing and rights for workers. This position would primarily support worker justice campaigns. Our programs include:
- Leadership Development
Our Mission: 9to5 is an economic justice organization that works to create system change through issue based advocacy, grassroots organizing, and community education by directly engaging impacted womxn.
Our vision: that all womxn and their families can live and thrive in an economically and racially just world. www.9to5.org.
*Note: Due to current circumstances related to COVID-19, this position will be remote until at least June 30, 2021. At that time, our staff will reevaluate whether it will be safe to operate as usual.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Member Recruitment/Development:
- Develop relationships with diverse community members and establish active volunteer member teams to effectively advocate for 9to5 economic justice priority issues.
- Recruit and engage members, conduct trainings that identify and develop member leaders, and ensure consistent turn-out and active participation of members in campaign activities.
- Use grassroots organizing methods, including one-on-ones, house meetings and presentations and a well-developed ladder of engagement that moves members into increasing leadership roles.
- Engage in outreach, including phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, street outreach and other outreach tactics.
- Represent the organization during community events and coalition meetings. Contribute to chapter website and other social media.
- Support and facilitate regular 9to5 membership meetings, trainings, neighborhood meetings and other general membership events.
- Input data about events, new contacts, and member engagement on a regular basis in our system.
- Campaign Direction & Supervision: Develop, implement and evaluate 9to5 organizing campaigns. Oversee the development and design of campaign materials. Administer campaigns: maintain campaign files, contact and member databases, progress reports. Develop and conduct workshops as needed. May supervise paid canvassers.
- Identify top issue areas in community through surveys, one-on-ones, phone calls, door-knocking etc.
- Support members in developing campaign strategies and identifying and executing relevant tactics.
- Grassroots Fundraising: Coordinate or support grassroots fundraising events and donor relationships.
- At least two years of organizing experience with a community, labor, faith, or women’s organization.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships and generate respect and trust from individuals.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and ability to work well with BIPOC populations.
- Good planning skills, time management, ability to work independently, ability to prioritize work and account for results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience with issue-based policy campaigns.
- Access to a vehicle to drive to meetings on a regular basis.*
- Available to work evenings and weekends depending on campaign needs.
- Strong database management skills preferred.
- Ability to use and access zoom, google drive applications, and database programs.
- Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
- Must have quality internet and phone access on a daily basis.
Full-time annual FTE base salary, $45,000 with a 4% increase for fluency in English and Spanish. Excellent health and family benefits. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, women who are LGBTQ+, women with disabilities and women who are older are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
Send resume, letter of interest, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org with CO Organizer II in the subject line. Application deadline is ongoing until position is filled.