02 Aug FILLED! Job Announcement – 9to5 Colorado Organizer II
9to5, National Association of Working Women seeks an experienced Organizer for the Colorado chapter. This organizer will focus on recruiting and engaging members and leaders in our statewide paid leave campaigns. 9to5 is a national grassroots membership organization, founded in 1973, which engages directly affected women to improve working conditions. Our goals are to build leadership among low-wage women and to win improvements in workplace and public policies. Current Colorado campaigns focus on family and medical leave insurance, affordable housing and transit. 9to5 is a movement-building organization that works to build racial justice and solidarity across diverse communities impacted by injustice. For more information about 9to5, see our website at www.9to5.org.
Duties & Responsibilities:
a. Develop relationships with diverse community members and establishing active volunteer teams who can effectively advocate for the paid leave campaigns.
b. Recruit and engage volunteers, conduct trainings that identify and develop volunteer leaders and ensure consistent turn out and active participation of volunteers in campaign activities.
c. Use grassroots organizing methods such as: one-on-ones, house meetings and presentations and a well-developed ladder of engagement that moves volunteers into increasing leadership roles.
d. Engage in outreach including phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, street outreach and other outreach tactics.
e. Represent the organization during community events and coalition meetings.
f. Contribute to chapter website and other social media.
2. Campaign Direction & Supervision:
Develop, implement and evaluate 9to5 organizing campaigns.
Oversee the development and design of campaign materials.
Administer campaigns: maintain campaign files, contact and member databases, progress reports.
Develop and conduct workshops as needed. May supervise paid canvassers.
3. Grassroots Fundraising:
Coordinate or support grassroots fundraising events and donor relationships.
- At least three years organizing experience with a community, labor or women’s organization.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships and generate respect and trust from individuals.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Good planning skills, time management, ability to work independently, ability to prioritize work and account for results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience with issue-based policy campaigns.
- This position requires access to a vehicle and driving to meetings in Denver Metro area.
- Available to work evenings and weekends depending on campaign needs.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and efficient using database programs.
Details: Full-time annual FTE salary $40,200. Excellent health and family benefits. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, individuals who identify as lesbian, bisexual or transgender, women with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union. www.9to5.org
To apply: This position has been FILLED.