9to5 Georgia seeks an experienced Organizer based in Atlanta. This organizer will focus on recruiting and engaging members and leaders for local and statewide campaigns. This is a permanent project funded union position. Currently Georgia focuses on campaigns related to economic justice. This position would primarily support the following 9to5 Georgia campaigns:
- Paid Leave
- Pay Equity
- Workplace Harassment & Discrimination
Our Mission: 9to5 is an economic justice organization that works to create system change through issue based advocacy, grassroots organizing, and community education by directly engaging impacted women.
Our vision: That all women and their families can live and thrive in an economically and racially just world. www.9to5.org.
*Note: Due to current circumstances related to COVID-19, this position will be remote until at least November 2022. At that time, our staff will reevaluate whether it will be safe to operate as usual.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Member Recruitment/Development:
- Develop relationships with diverse community members and establish active volunteer member teams to effectively advocate for 9to5 economic justice priority issues.
- Recruit and engage members, conduct training that identify and develop member leaders, and ensure consistent turn-out and active participation of members in campaign activities.
- Use grassroots organizing methods, including one-on-ones, virtual and in-person presentations and a well-developed ladder of engagement that moves members into increasing leadership roles.
- Engage in outreach, including phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, street outreach, digital organizing, and other outreach tactics.
- Represent the organization during community events and coalition meetings.
- Support and facilitate regular 9to5 membership meetings, trainings, neighborhood meetings and other general membership events.
- Input data about events, new contacts, and member engagement on a regular basis in our system.
- Attend and report out on organizing activities during the Respect Georgia Workers Alliance meetings, and the Georgia Coalition for Paid Leave meetings.
- Campaign Direction & Supervision:
- Develop, implement and evaluate 9to5 organizing campaigns, specifically around Paid Leave, Pay Equity and Workplace Harassment/Discrimination issues.
- Oversee the development and design of campaign materials that are member facing related to Paid Leave, Pay Equity, and Workplace Harassment & Discrimination. In addition, the position will administer campaigns, maintain campaign files, contact member databases, and provide progress reports. Other duties may include developing and conducting workshops as needed. May supervise paid canvassers.
- Identify top issue areas in the community through surveys, one-on-ones, phone calls, door-knocking etc.
- Support members in developing campaign strategies and identifying and executing relevant tactics.
- Grassroots Fundraising: Coordinate or support grassroots fundraising events and donor relationships.
- At least two years of organizing experience with a community, labor, faith, or women’s organization.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships and generate respect and trust from individuals.
- Demonstrate commitment to equity and ability to work well with BIPOC populations.
- Good planning skills, time management, ability to work independently, ability to prioritize work and account for results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience with issue-based policy campaigns.
- Access to a vehicle to drive to meetings on a regular basis.*
- Available to work evenings and weekends depending on campaign needs.
- Strong database management skills preferred.
- Ability to use and access zoom, google drive applications, and database programs.
- Must have quality internet and phone access on a daily basis.
Full-time annual FTE base salary, $47,700. Excellent health and family benefits. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, women who are LGBTQ+, women with disabilities and women who are older are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
Send resume, letter of interest, and list of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with GA Organizer II in the subject line. Application deadline is ongoing until the position is filled.