Data Coordinator II
Position based in Atlanta, Georgia
About 9to5: For nearly five decades, 9to5 has been advancing economic justice for women, grounding our work through a racial and gender justice lens. As a grassroots, membership-based organization, our members are affected by the issues we work on every day: low-wage jobs, the erosion of a social safety net, the lack of paid sick time and paid family leave, unemployment, and workplace discrimination. Our programs include grassroots organizing, leadership development and training, nonpartisan civic engagement and policy change campaigns.
Position Summary: Working directly with the Georgia State Director and national communications staff, the Data Coordinator will coordinate data processes to help 9to5 Georgia fulfill its mission and grow its visibility.
They will serve as the chapter’s data point person, providing direction, training, and structure for staff to build organizational awareness and culture around data. The position will be based within the 9to5 Georgia chapter. This position will be a mix between remote and in-person working hours.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in internal Database Team: attend meetings, communicate chapter needs and questions to the database team and participate in a database team discussion, information gathering, and decision-making about how to meet chapter needs, coordinate emerging chapter needs with national strategy, and share relevant national updates about the chapter
- Guide chapter staff to incorporate data planning into all chapter planning
Reporting and Analytics
- Support chapter staff with basic reporting training/modeling
- Pull reports to track the success of campaign activities within the chapter database
- Provide intermediate reports for the chapter’s use in quarterly evaluation and decision-making
- Manage attendance tracking for events
Guidance & Training
- Onboard new chapter staff, volunteers, and canvassers at all levels with data training
- Share feedback to develop/improve 9to5’s data onboarding materials
- Are available to answer questions, troubleshoot problems, and provide trainings/refreshers on data tasks for chapter staff as needed
Promoting effective data use
- Attend chapter meetings and meet with chapter staff individually to stay abreast of and keep data included in all chapter developments
- Serve as the manager for timely data inputs from organizers (track inputs, send reminders, set goals)
- Share feedback to develop/improve 9to5’s Civi documentation
Advanced Data Activities
- Import data from outside electronic sources into the database; enter bulk data from key chapter activities
- Give feedback to senior national data staff on what documentation is needed and how existing documentation can be improved
- Coordinate data planning and implementation related to campaigns and organizing goals
- Alongside chapter staff, coordinate with partner organizations such as state tables for data sharing and alignment (primarily during election season)
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the chapter staff
- Manage chapter google drive (organize, maintain and create a guide)
- Help maintain chapter calendar
- Assist hiring committee in scheduling and other interview needs
With other related duties as assigned.
- Preferred background working in social justice and grassroots organizations;
- Experience in data management /or information technology;
- Familiarity with constituent relationship management (CRM) systems and a desire to develop database skills and experience; experience with CiviCRM or PowerBase a plus
- Excellent organizational and strategic planning skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to manage deadlines, work collaboratively, supervise interns/volunteers and achieve outcomes in a team-driven work culture;
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism, anti-oppression and ability to work with diverse populations;
- Must be able to flex work hours at times, as needed, for special events
Details: The position will be filled as soon as practicable and when we find the right candidate, with a target goal of March 1, 2023.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week), offering a salary package of $52,000 with generous health and paid time off benefits. The position is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
Job applicants and staff shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex,
national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political aﬃliation, sexual orientation, gender
identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
To apply: Send your resume to: email@example.com with “Georgia Data Coordinator II” in the subject line. No calls, please.