Accounts Payable Clerk
Position based in Milwaukee, WI
About 9to5: For nearly five decades, 9to5 has been advancing economic justice for women, grounding our work through a racial and gender justice lens. As a grassroots, membership-based organization, our members are affected by the issues we work on every day: low-wage jobs, the erosion of a social safety net, the lack of paid sick time and paid family leave, unemployment, and workplace discrimination. Our
programs include grassroots organizing, leadership development and training, nonpartisan civic engagement and policy change campaigns.
Position Summary: 9to5 seeks an experienced Accounts Payable/Administrative Clerk. The Accounts Payable/Administrative Clerk is responsible for working with the Finance Department to create invoices, collect payments and distribute mail. This position will be responsible for securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts, and resolving any discrepancies.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
○ Generate invoices and account statements
○ Perform account reconciliations
○ Produce monthly financial and management reports
○ Complete full cycles of account payable using Bill.com
○ Open, sort and distribute daily mail
○ Copies, files, and retrieves materials as needed for Finance Department
○ Process quarterly business card orders for staff
○ Facilitate quarterly office supply orders for all Chapters
○ Manage finance and operations files in Google Drive folder
○ Manage CiviCRM merchant deposits and manual checks
○ Sync data with Quickbooks software
○ Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions
○ Ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with other people within the organization
○ Capable of prioritizing and managing expectations
○ Coordinate or support grassroots fundraising events and donor relationships.
● Associates Degree in Accounting or prior experience in Accounts Payable position
● Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard operating procedures
● Create and enter invoices
● Billing collection experience
● Proficient in Microsoft Excel
● Competent with spreadsheets and databases
● Good planning skills, time management, ability to work independently, ability to prioritize work and account for results.
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Strong database management skills preferred.
● Ability to use and access Zoom and Google Drive applications
● Must have quality internet and phone access on a daily basis
● Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and ability to meet multiple deadlines
● Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
Details: The position will be filled as soon as practicable and when we find the right candidate. The position will be based in 9to5’s Milwaukee, WI office.
Compensation: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week), offering a salary package of $45,000 with generous family health insurance, employer retirement contribution, life insurance and paid time off benefits including sick time, vacation time, personal time and 10 paid holidays annually.
This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 work-related references to email@example.com with “Accounts Payable/Administrative Clerk” in the subject line. No calls please.
Application deadline: The position will be filled as soon as practicable and when we find the right candidate. Targeted start date is August 1, 2022.
We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Job applicants and staff shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.