Contract Communications Specialist
9to5Georgia is seeking an experienced Contract Communications Specialist.
The focus of this position will be to help create compelling, strategic messaging and communications materials for our workplace harassment & discrimination, paid leave, and pay equity grassroot campaigns under the supervision of our Communications & Data Coordinator.
The contract will require 10-15 hours a week until June 2022 (could extend depending on need). Compensation is $40 per hour.
- Participate in campaign meetings and implement a communications strategy to accomplish campaign goals.
- Build our base of supporters through digital advertising, organic social media, graphics, one-pagers, etc.
- Occasionally communicate with potential supporters and connect them with a 9to5 Organizer.
- Craft engaging social media posts, cultivate community within Facebook groups, and explore how new social media platforms and features (FB messenger, Instagram, etc) can be used for organizing.
- Collaborate with 9to5 Georgia’s Communications & Data Coordinator to create and distribute compelling graphics, videos, and copy for social posts, online ads, email blasts, toolkits, etc.
- Track channel analytics in collaboration with 9to5 Georgia’s Communications & Data Coordinator.
- Work with our communications team to help supporters share their stories through videos, images, writing, press interviews, storytelling trainings, etc.
- Perform other duties as required to support the work of the 9to5GA’s paid leave and workplace protections coalitions as a whole.
- You view communications as an integral part of organizing and can craft messaging that moves people to action.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in graphic design, content creation, or digital marketing.
- You’ve likely used (or been wanting to try out) a good number of these tools: Instagram, Sprout Social, Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics, Action Network, Tik Tok, CiviCRM, Canva, Adobe Suite
- You’ve got strong organization and tracking skills. You keep projects moving, pay attention to detail, make sure things don’t slip through the cracks, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Canva or Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign
- Experience with content calendars and content creation
Send resume and portfolio of past work to firstname.lastname@example.org with Contract Communications Specialist in the subject line. Application deadline is ongoing until filled.