31 Aug FILLED! 9to5 Georgia Leadership Development & Training Coordinator
9to5, National Association of Working Women seeks an experienced Organizer/Trainer for the Georgia chapter. This organizer will focus on leadership and development and training programs in Atlanta, including member and leader development and civic engagement efforts.
9to5 was founded in 1973 as a grassroots membership organization to strengthen women’s ability to work for economic justice. Our goals are to build leadership and power among low-wage working women to win improvements in workplace and public policy. 9to5 is a movement-building organization that works to build solidarity across diverse communities impacted by injustice.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leadership development and training: Plan outreach and delivery of leadership development and political education sessions for audiences of low wage working women. Identify and involve new leaders in 9to5 programs and campaigns. Oversee the development and design of training materials. Build relationships with community partners including direct service organizations and other organizations that serve populations of low wage women.
- Fundraising/Financial Management: Help identify funding sources; assist Development Director with proposal development for funding; organize grassroots fundraising events.
- Member Recruitment/Development: Participate in chapter membership recruitment. Identify and train leaders. Represent 9to5 in the community.
- Organization and Staff Development: Work with leaders and staff to evaluate organizational growth, recruitment and campaign strategies. Coordinate, supervise and evaluate staff and interns.
- At least three years organizing experience with a community, labor or women’s organization.
- Previous facilitation and training experience a must
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships and generate respect and trust from individuals
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion, and ability to work well with diverse populations
- Good planning skills, time management, ability to prioritize work and account for results, ability to work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with issue-based policy campaigns
- This position requires access to a vehicle and driving to meetings in Atlanta metro area
- Available to work evenings and weekends depending on campaign needs
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and database programs
Full-time annual FTE salary $40,200. Excellent health and family benefits. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, individuals who identify as lesbian, bisexual or transgender, women with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union.
This position has been FILLED.