Based in the Denver Metro Area, Colorado
9to5 Colorado, a grassroots membership organization which works to strengthen women’s ability to achieve economic justice, is hiring four canvassers to talk with communities about issues related to the region’s transit expansion and how residents can get engaged in the process. Canvassers will collect information to shape 9to5 Colorado’s campaigns around transit justice, affordable fares, and renter’s rights and develop community leaders to be a part of our campaigns. Individuals with a commitment to social and economic justice, equal opportunity and women’s issues are encouraged to apply.
- Door knocking for shifts of four or more hours per day
- Phone banking for shifts of four or more hours per day
- Recording of data in both written and database format
- Working with 9to5 organizers and other canvassers in preparing for canvasses and phone banks.
- Enthusiastic about social justice
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Available to work weekday evenings and potentially weekends
- Available for 15 hours per week.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
This is a temporary 15-20 hour/week position that will begin in October 2015 and lasts at least until mid-November 2015 (end-date yet to be determined). Shifts are tentatively scheduled from 3-8pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Compensation: $13.00/ hour
Benefits: Paid sick days
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. No calls please.
9to5 is an affirmative action organization. Women of color, lesbians, bisexuals and trans women, women with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply.