What it Means to be a 9to5 Member
What are the benefits of becoming a 9to5 Member?
9to5 connects you to a nationwide network of women and activists who care about working women’s issues. It also empowers you to make a difference on the issues that impact your life.
As a member of 9to5, you will:
- Have the power to change policy. 9to5 members have helped pass key legislation, including the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Family and Medical Leave Act, state health and safety laws, living wage ordinances, and anti-discrimination measures.
- Be a leader for social justice in your community and nationally.
- Make decisions about the campaigns 9to5 will lead.
- Gain workplace rights knowledge to win fair treatment on the job.
- Develop your leadership, organizing, advocacy and fundraising skills.
9to5’s vision is an economically just world where poverty and discrimination have been eliminated, the contributions of women are recognized and valued, and all women and their families thrive.
- Winning family-friendly policies to help working people balance responsibilities at home and on the job.
- Ensuring workers receive fair pay and benefits.
- Protecting all workers against workplace discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Elevating women to be self- sufficient and able to support their families
In 1973, a group of female office workers in Boston, fed up with being powerless and undervalued in the workplace, mobilized to change the way they were treated and paid. The group organized around their grievances; terms that didn’t yet exist– sexual harassment, pay equity and family leave. Forty years later, 9to5 has emerged as one of the largest, most respected national membership organizations of working women in the U.S. Click here for more information about 9to5.