We Value: Family-Supporting Jobs
What we need: Jobs with benefits that pay enough to support families in dignity and offer hope for a better future.
The jobs I work are often invisible to the public. However they are very important to families and community health and safety. In each of these jobs I was paid minimum wage.
Click here to read more of Marilynn’s story.
Get the Facts:
- Over the last forty years, the real value of the federal minimum wage has fallen by close to 30%.
- The ranks of the working poor now exceed 47 million. Today the minimum wage is far too low to sustain working families.
- Women make up less than half of the workforce, but 55% of poverty-wage workers.
Click here for more facts.
What You Can Do:
- Tell us your story of the need for family-supporting jobs.
- Take action now to support the Fair Minimum Wage Act. Click here to tell your U.S. Congress member that hard work deserves fair pay. Read more about the The Wages Act.
- Sign up for action alerts on campaigns on minimum wage, work supports, unemployment insurance or other local policies.
Click here to see the policies that we support.