20 Nov National Day of Action on August 26, 2012
9to5 is hosting a National Day of Action in 19 cities on August 26 to talk to candidates about supporting paid sick days.
Check to see, if we’ll be in your community.
- Atlanta, GA – Sunday, August 26, 1:00 pm,Voter Registration at 5 Points MARTA station, meet at 501 Pulliam St SW. Celebratory dinner to follow from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm; Early Education Center, 404 Fulton Street SE Atlanta, Ga 30312. Contact Charmaine at 404-222-0037 or email@example.com with further questions
- Asheville, NC-Sunday, August 26, Outreach at the Goombay Festival, 1:00 pm to 3:00pm EST. Location: Downtown Asheville. Contact Valerie Thelen, 404-907-3941 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detroit, MI-Sunday August 26, House party
- East Northport, NY-Thursday, August 29, Community meeting and letter writing, Location and time TBA.
- Houston, TX-Saturday, August 25, Community meeting, Location and time TBA.
- Portland, OR-Sunday, August 26, House party
- Millen, GA-Sunday, August 26, House party
- Washington, DC-Sunday, August 26, House party
- Rockville, MD-Sunday, August 26, House party
- Attelboro, MA-Coordinated letter to the editor writing event
- Cleveland, OH-Sunday, August 26, House party
- Chippewa Falls, WI-Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 7:00-8:30 pm CST, Community listening sessions with policymakers on three big issues that affect women and their families: work-family flexibility policies (like earned sick days!), equal pay, and jobs that pay enough to support families. Contact Lisa Bahr at email@example.com for more info.
- Miami, FL-August 26, House party
- Milwaukee, WI-Monday, August 27, Community strategy meeting with elected officials, 5:30pm-7:30pm CST, Location: TBA.
- Madison, WI-August 26, TBA
- Denver, CO-Sunday, August 26 – 11:00am – 1:00pm MDT
Location: Mercury Cafe: 2199 California Street Denver, CO 80205
- Los Angeles, CA-Friday, August 24 – 11:00am – 2:00pm PDT Farmer’s Market at Metro Plaza, Wilshire/Vermont stop, Los Angeles, CA
- San Jose, CA-August 24, voter registration at the farmer’s market, 11 AM – 1 PM, San Jose, CA Downtown Farmer’s Market “along a charming block of San Pedro Street, between Santa Clara and St. John streets”. Meet at corner of Santa Clara and San Pedro Streets.
- Sacramento, CA-August 26, TBA
If you are interested in participating in the next national day of action please contact Valerie at (404) 907-3841 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about becoming a part of 9to5’s Action Network!