The 9to5 Job Survival Helpline
Are you facing a workplace problem?
- Need to take time off work to care for an ill family member, but worried you’ll lose your job?
- Are you a pregnant worker worried about discrimination or access to parental leave?
- Are you uncomfortable with sexual language or behavior on your job, wondering whether it qualifies as sexual harassment and how to stop it?
- Do you work more than 40 hours per week and wonder if you qualify for overtime pay?
Contact the 9to5 Job Survival Helpline to get answers, referrals and support for improving policies and conditions on your job. Call (800) 522-0925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our trained staff provide information on employment rights, suggestions on how to handle workplace situations and organize for better policies, and referrals to government agencies, legal and community resources.
If we are unavailable when you call, or you are contacting us by email, please leave us a message including your name, phone number, the state you live in, and a short description of the workplace issue you are facing. Calls and emails will be returned within 2-5 days.
Note: Helpline staff are not attorneys and do not offer legal advice. We offer basic information about employment laws. We can refer you to attorneys and government agencies for legal advice. We respect privacy of those who contact the Helpline, through phone or email, and use your contact information only to follow up on your concerns, track the current challenges women are facing in the workplace, and keep you updated on 9to5 news and events. We do not share this information with outside parties without your specific permission.
For quick answers on common questions, here are some of our Job Survival Fact Sheets:
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Workplace Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Filing a Complaint with the EEOC
Recursos en Español